Due to my general laziness (I may have mentioned this previously), I’m several books behind on my reviewing. I started with the intention of reviewing most of the books I read this year.
So an idea of what you can expect forthcoming in the next few weeks:
- The Bards of Bone Plain by Patricia McKillip
- Under Heaven by Guy Gavriel Kay
- Across the Nightingale Floor by Liam Hearn
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynn Jones
- Red Spikes by Margo Lanagan
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
I probably won’t review all of the aforementioned books, depending upon time and desire. Since there are some similarities between them in setting and tone, I will likely do a joint review of Under Heaven and Across the Nightingale Floor. Compare and contrast, that sort of thing. I feel almost bad to do that to Nightingale Floor, since it was a solid first novel, but very few novels compare well with Kay’s best works.
- The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
- The Doomsday Book by Connie Willis (audio).
The Rothfuss book will be joining the list of “To Be Reviewed” shortly. Stay tuned.